Updates from the Income Tax Department
Do you need help?
Walker Income Tax returns for calendar year 2016 and first quarter estimated payments for 2017 are due May 1, 2016. Forms are available on our website here and some commonly asked questions are answered on our website here.
All resident returns must have the following attachments:
- All form W-2s
- Page 1 of Federal Form 1040
Filers taking a credit for tax paid to another city:
- Copy of page one of the other city(ies) return
- Federal Form 2106
- Federal Form 3903
- Federal Schedule C
- Federal Schedule D, Forms 8949, 4797, 6252
- Federal Schedule E, including Federal Schedule K-1 for all S corporations shown on Schedule E, if any
- Copies of all forms 1099-R for taxpayers under age 65
If you have any questions, call 616-791-6880.
Many of the returns we are receiving from paid preparers and tax preparation software have incorrect ZIP codes in the taxpayer name and address information that were carried over from a prior year. The Post Office will not deliver your refund check to you if your ZIP code is wrong. Please check your ZIP code before mailing your Walker return.
If you have any questions about your correct ZIP code, go to USPS and click "Look Up a ZIP Code" in the Quick Tools menu.